Support Group for Parents
Supporting Parents with Special Needs Children
A networking and support group for parents of students with educational needs, physical disabilities, and/or mental health challenges
This once-monthly focus group meet for 50-60 minutes to accomplish the following:
- Network with other parents on similar journeys, with the potential to continue in supportive relationships outside the group
- Share resources and specialists
- Receive printouts and web site links for helpful resources (and book references)
- Brief prayer time to cover the overall concerns in the group (and keep a group prayer journal going to pray on our own)
- (As needed) discuss any ways children's ministry could better serve children in these categories
- Parents of every schooling choice are welcome
Questions? Contact us.
**This group will respect privacy and share the overall goals of encouraging each other toward finishing the "race" of parenting children with these challenges.
Hebrews 10:23-25, ESV
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.
And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works,
not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
1 Thessalonians 5, ESV:
11: Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
16: Rejoice always,
17: pray without ceasing.